Advocate, Strategic Thinker, Educator
I have lived and worked in Ward F for most of my life. I was born and grew up in Edmonton, attending Lauderdale, Crestwood and Old Scona schools, then the University of Alberta, where I obtained a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (with Distinction) and a Master of Business Administration. I’ve had a diverse career, including business management and marketing in Canada and internationally. I’m also an entrepreneur with Nancy’s Notes Music. I have spent the last 8 years representing parents within Edmonton Public Schools, including 5 years as Chair of the CSC Parent Society at Garneau School. Education is my life and my passion. I am ready to increase my commitment to the community, representing you as Public School Trustee for Ward F and acting as YOUR VOICE FOR EDUCATION.
My extensive experience includes:
CHAIR of the Child Study Centre Parents Society at Garneau School (2015-2020)
- Leadership in fundraising, research, program review, program support, program marketing, governance, financial management.
- Created society’s “Learning Without Limits” theme for fundraising and support.
LEADER of various projects for Garneau School Council:
- Represented school as a voting delegate at the Alberta School Councils’ Association annual Conferences.
- Initiated an annual strategic plan and analysis,
- 8+ years volunteering including: special events, pizza lunches, book fair, in class support.
ADVOCATE for MY KIDS; currently in grades 3, 7, and 11:
- Safety, mental health, school events, student leadership, testing and IPP process.
CREATIVE EDUCATOR through my music education business (Nancy’s Notes):
- Curriculum designer, teacher, and employer for children’s music programs.
- Adapted quickly to Pandemic learning, including modifying curriculum for virtual learning, developing new online and synchronous programs, and creating self study courses.
BUSINESS MANAGER for national and international organizations:
- Procter & Gamble, TELUS, ADC Telecommunications, Intuit Canada.
- Expertise in strategic planning, analysis, marketing, research and management.
INVOLVED community member and advocate, (Community League, Tennis Club)
- Successful advocacy with the City Council and City Administration on issues such as preserving recreational space and moderating development.
I have a solid reputation as a LISTENER and someone who sees the BIG PICTURE. I am able to sort out complex issues and focus on overcoming obstacles and getting results.
ADAPTABLE | CREATIVE | STRATEGIC | DETERMINED
Nancy had GREAT answers to these questions asked by EPSB.