June 2021 Recap
What a month. I have learned and felt so much:
- SADNESS: learning more of the true horrors of Residential Schools,
- JOY: chatting with so many wonderful people about education,
- INSPIRATION: from Edmonton Public School’s new Anti-racism and Equity Policy,
- TRAGEDY: hearing of cowardly acts of racism,
- CELEBRATION: Pride Month and Indigenous History Month
- ACCOMPLISHMENT: how students, parents & caregivers, teachers, administrators, custodial and support staff all came together to complete this challenging year,
… AND dealing with some unbelievably hot weather! It reminded me of my year in Texas! I will be adding a hot weather policy to my Trustee to-do list!
Through all of this, I feel so certain and pleased to be on this journey running for Trustee. EDUCATION is pivotal to advancing our ways of knowing and ways of being, on a path towards tolerance, collaboration, creative thinking and problem solving.
Let us always put
– Nancy Hunt for Edmonton Public School Board Trustee -Ward F
Click to share: